Weiss

The Weiss Jewelry Company was founded in New York in 1942 by a former Coro employee, Albert Weiss. The company flourished during the 1950s - 1960s period, offering high quality costume jewelry with Austrian rhinestones of exceptional quality and clarity. Vintage Weiss jewelry has somewhat traditional designs, including floral and figural jewelry. Weiss jewelry´s beautiful rhinestone studded figural jewelry, such as Weiss butterflies and insects, is avidly sought by collectors. Also desirable is Weiss "black diamond" jewelry replicating the German smoky quartz, set in typical Weiss designs. Weiss jewelry, highly underrated and underpriced, is comparable to Eisenberg and Bogoff jewelry. Without a doubt, the Weiss jewelry company manufactured some of the most beautiful and appealing rhinestone jewelry of the post WWII era. Tags may also be marked A.W. Co. with the large central letter W in shape of a crown. After Albert´s retirement, his son Michael took over the company. The firm ceased operations in 1971.